Accounting/Billing FAQ

Where can I find my account number?

On an invoice, you can find your account number to the left and below the word ‘invoice’. On your monthly statement, you can find your account number just below the words ‘customer number’.

What is a tank rental charge for?

A tank rental charge serves several purposes. For one, it identifies that the tank or cylinder is the property of Waterloo County Propane. The tank rental charge also helps to offset regular code compliance inspections which are required by law to be performed at regular intervals.

How do I schedule a propane delivery?

If you need to schedule a propane delivery, contact us here or you can call our office at 519-622-3720.

If you are on Degree Day, or automatic delivery schedule, Waterloo County Propane keeps track of the daily temperatures and your consumption, then automatically dispatches one of our delivery trucks to top up the storage tank so you never run out of propane.

If you have selected to be on a Will Call schedule, you must monitor the propane level in your tank and call Waterloo County Propane when your tank is at the 20% level. Please allow 5 to 7 business days for delivery after you have notified Waterloo County Propane. This option requires homeowners to carefully keep track of their propane consumption to prevent running out of propane.

Should you select to be a Will Call customer, and you inadvertently allow your tank to run out of propane, we do have an after hours emergency service. This emergency service does come with an extra cost.

Waterloo County Propane prefers customers to be on an Automatic Fill basis, because it is hassle free.

I just had propane delivered. Why is my tank not 100% full?

Propane is pumped into your tank as a liquid, but used in your home in its vapour form. The propane code only allows for tanks and cylinders to be legally filled to the 80% level. This leaves the top 20% of your tank for propane vapour, which allows for some expansion or contraction of the liquid under changing atmospheric temperature conditions.